Velvet Brown

It's week 2 of student blogs.
We are back from Easter after a one week break and ready for the final term!
This week we hear from student Velvet Brown.


VELVET:

" My name is Velvet Brown and I play Lady Maureen Gilpin (nicknamed 'Piggie') in 'Hands Across the Sea' in the ATS production of "Tonight at 8.30". Piggie is a witty socialite who dominates the conversation in her fancy drawing room in Mayfair, yet her ditzy-ness and her never ending social meetings soon get the better of her...I shall say no more!

Piggie is such a wonderful character to play, there is so much to explore within her character. However, it takes a lot of hard work and patience to perfect if you want the performance to be outstanding and up to Noel Coward's style of course, standards!

The most challenging thing I've had to face is definitely diction. My generation speak very differently to how my character speaks so it's taken a lot of time for me to get where I am. I absolutely love challenging myself and Piggie has certainly helped me push myself. With every rehearsal I learn and explore more about Piggie, and it is so exciting!

I started ATS last September, and I have to say, it has really changed my life. I have met the most wonderful people. Not only do we work so hard together, but there is so much love and support amongst us, which I think is so essential to have within a cast.

I would say to anyone wanting to audition for ATS, go for it!! Even if it's just a little voice inside of you saying "you can do it" - do it! You learn so much and you are surrounded by people who dedicate their time for you and share their professional experience. The school gives you a real taste of what the acting industry is all about and it has made me more enthusiastic and ready for the future - which I have ATS and Amanda Redman to thank for!! "

- Velvet Brown


ATS' production of 'Tonight at 8.30' directed by Amanda Redman will run from 19th - 21st July at the Questors Theatre in Ealing. Tickets will be available nearer the time.
Join us for our blog next week which will be written by Lawrence Ellis.

Follow us on social media to keep up to date (or subscribe to the blog by clicking subscribe in top corner)

Twitter - @ats_ealing
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/artiststheatreschool/
Instagram - @artists_theatreschool/
Website - www.artiststheatreschool.com





Comments