Kym R Brosnan

Hi all! Welcome to our blog for another week. Summer term is upon us now and that means the show is creeping slowly closer!! Not long to go now.

We are trying to get more blog subscribers, so if you're reading this, it's EASY to subscribe. In the top right corner of your screen, click subscribe, enter your email, confirm, and then open the confirmation email. You'll get email updates whenever we post a new blog, so if you want to support us at ATS, that is a very good start!

This week's blog is written by Kym R Brosnan who is in her first year at ATS.


KYM:

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and getting to know me. My name is Kym, a first year student here at ATS and what a year it has been! It is a real honour and privilege to be at this school due to the challenges that have been presented at me, the guidance I have been given, and, perhaps most importantly, the support network from everyone involved.

Before coming to ATS, I gained my Diploma in Drama and Performance at Inverness UHI where I learned a lot about creating performance, but at ATS, I have learned the true art of acting. To reiterate what Cameron said in his blog (check it out http://artiststheatreschoolealing.blogspot.com/2019/04/cameron-corcoran.html ) I have developed a much greater understanding of performing for truth and that there is no shortcut to this. Without truth, your performance is a lie, and that is not acting. Each masterclass and rehearsal has developed this pursuit of truth, as well as teaching about other aspects of performance and introduced me to some incredible industry professionals I would not otherwise have had access to.

I am playing Professor Raya Barth in 'Gizmo'; a fascinating play about Ben, who is suffering with a form of PTSD after witnessing a horrific crime. He finds himself at the Chepthorn Medley Research Hospital for treatment and is trialling a new gadget known as GIZMO. Raya opens the play as the spokesperson for GIZMO, as she is the Project Chief Administrator and is very comfortable talking to large groups of people, press, doctors, scientists and professionals. She bookends the play by presenting an award ceremony in the final scene.

There has been so much I have learned and developed during the whole directing process, not just from my own scenes but from everyone else's as well. Acting is so much more about the words that we say, the way that we say them and the stories that we tell.

Coming to ATS has been the best decision I ever made. I have grown so much in confidence and knowledge and cannot recommend this school highly enough. You are truly made to feel part of a theatre company where your talent is supported and nurtured. So, please do come along and see our show in July; it would be lovely to see you there.

- Kym R Brosnan


ATS' production of ''Gizmo' and 'Women, Power and Politics' directed by Amanda Redman will run from 18th - 20th July at Questors Theatre in Ealing. Tickets will be available nearer the time.

Join us for our blog next week which will be written by Joshua Battaliou.

Follow us on social media to keep up to date with any news (or subscribe to this blog by clicking subscribe in the top corner).  

Twitter - @ATS_Ealing





Comments